Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Tuning up my ideas

After presenting my topic and my ideas in class yesterday, Patrick gave some advice and mentioned some things that I could consider thinking about as I get closer to what I want my photos to look like.
The following are notes and thoughts I wrote down:

  • be careful NOT to patronize the subjects (i.e. the struggling students I would be photographing)
    • while also not putting them on a pedestal; praising them (in a way that still says what they are accomplishing is great and take much determination and hard work)
  • maybe focus on the goal of the student
    • what there dream is; if they are getting closer to it or not 
    • when will all the extra hard work they are putting in is going to pay off?
    • capture the triumph of the student
      • maybe come up with a guide to get through a life like this 
  • think about those who are privileged 
    • don't make them feel as if their the a**holes that are just lazy bums while there are students working their butts off to get and education and graduate
    • just make them like they should be aware of this; it could be the situation of one of their peers and maybe they should help in changing this
  • maybe even try looking at this same situation in an opposing point of view
    • what argument would someone make to say this isn't something that people should know about, need to care about or make any changes to
http://www.kypolicy.org/education

http://dailytrojan.com/2010/10/14/entrepreneurship-isn%E2%80%99t-just-for-grads/

No comments:

Post a Comment