Wednesday, May 15, 2013

New Intervention

My last intervention was crap to say the least. So I came up with a new intervention which I would still like to improve on. I would like to redo this intervention in the lighting studio to make the impact of the images and my message more serious since it is a serious issue I am trying to get people aware of. I would like the signs to be more formal, or maybe replace the signs with the individual holding their old cell phone they have to use because they cant afford  a smartphone .. or something along those lines. These are just a few of the images of the new intervention I would like to improve on.





Also, I made all the people I took a photo of fill out a checklist/survey of all the things they have sacrificed in order to pay their way through college. A few statistics from this checklist are: 
  • 3 out of 7 people said they would be in debt after college
  • almost half (4 out of 7) students said they sacrifice quality food/groceries in order to save money
  • more than half (5 out of 7) students said they sacrifice their time for work to pay for college



2 comments:

  1. The chart "The whole student" that you posted very early on is so clear. How about presenting a typical student....and I don't believe only 3 of 7 are in debt. I think it is much higher. Images, idea all need to be cleaner and simpler. It is a terrible stat that we are raising generations of people in poverty and debt to try and get an ediucation and that debt will not leve you for HOW LONG? This is worse than the housing crap we had 5 years ago. You couldn't tell the agnst by the smiling faces of these four young women. A friend of mine said his son is living with his girlfriend but would not marry her because he does not want to assume her debt of over 100K. How weird is that? But real. So it needs something. I believe there will be effort...but you really have to juice it now. The advertizing project? Get info from someone else in the class please. Thanks

    Richard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The whole student" chart? Do you mean the post with the title "Exploring Layout Designs" or my first layout draft that I also posted?

    ReplyDelete